Friday, July 8, 2011

LED Lenser H14 headlight preview

Hey all

Been some time since I've gotten around to doing some stuff on the blog. Will try my best to be a bit more regular with outdoor tech bits and bobs for y'all ;)

Gonna head out for a night run in a bit and try out the new led lenser headlamp that I bought. It's rated at around 220 lumens in boost running 4 x AA batteries. It can be set to both a spot and a flood beam so should be quite handy for trail running as well. The battery pack is detachable with an extension cord so it's also not too heavy on the head.

Did a quick 5k and I'm impressed. While it is not a lite setup weight wise, it was still comfy and stable on my head with minimal adjustment. Light spread is good on the flood setting to light a whole path infront of you so you can see at running speed while also having the option of a spot beam if you want to see farther into the night.  I will give it a try with the battery pack on my running pack next time and also do some cycling and trail running before I give a full review.

RRP in SA is R699.00 I got mine from Cape Union Mart but they are also available online at www.ledlenser.co.za


No comments:

Post a Comment